Friday 22 December 2006

Festive fun!

Well the party season is upon us!  I attended the School Sixth Form Christmas Party last night.  I was really nervous before going, because I don’t usually go to parties, and I didn’t know what to expect.  But when I got to the venue, all the anxieties disappeared because all my friends were there.

 

 

What a great time we had!  Everyone was dancing and having a real good time.  I am afraid to say I bought too many Diet Cokes.  Friends also bought some drinks for me because they had missed my birthday.  They shouldn’t have, but they were my friends and me being in the party mood, I found it hard to refuse a sip.   I feel ashamed to say I had one too many (which did not please my parents).  I promise it was my first and will be my last time that I will do such a thing.  It is Christmas after all, the season of joy and goodwill to all Men.

 

 

 

I have learnt a very hard lesson.  I woke up this morning with a really bad headache.  My hair was standing up on my head.  I felt like a drowned rat that had been run over by a bus.  That’ll teach me to drink alcohol!  Self inflicted pain is never good.

 

 

I feel much better now though, after some paracetamol and several cups of coffee.  My school has finished now for the Christmas holidays, and all the senior students go back to school on 9th January.  Woo hoo!  The other students go back earlier to get settled back into routine.

 

 

 

I am feeling all Christmassy now.  I have spent the afternoon watching festive movies to get me into the spirit.  The local radio stations have been playing seasonal songs.  I’ll leave you now with one another one of my favourites.  In my opinion, it wouldn’t be Christmas without this song:

 

The Progues featuring Kirsty MacColl: “Fairytale of New York”.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Leigh glad you had such a good time at the schools sixth form Christmas party ~ sorry about the headache though ~ glad you learned your lesson and won't drink too much in the future ~ loved your graphics ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Happy Christmas to you and your family. B.