Friday 8 December 2006

The Show Must Go On!

Last night, I had my first rehearsal for the Viva! Christmas Pantomime.  This year the staff and members are putting on a production of “Cinderella”.  I hope it will be the first of many, because we had so much fun!

 

 

 

As many of you know I am playing Cinders’ best friend Buttons, and I’m so excited!  Buttons is a big part to play, but he doesn’t say a lot.  Even though I am in one scene, it’s an honour to take part in the show, which is next Friday.

 

 

I’m so excited because I get to sing two songs in the show.  They are “(Is This the Way To) Amarillo” by Tony Christie and “Celebration” by Kool & the Gang.  Last year, “Amarillo” was re-released as a single to raise money for Red Nose Day 2005.  The video was hilarious!  It featured well-known comedian Peter Kay and other celebrities miming to the words while walking on the spot, as if they are on a treadmill.  ROMFL!!

 

Tony Christie – “(Is This the Way To) Amarillo?”

I tried to stand on the stage to say my dialogue, but I couldn’t.  I felt really unsteady.  People thought for Health & Safety reasons I’d be better sitting on the stage.  But next time, I am going to stand on the stage.  I’m sure once I get comfortable, I’ll be fine.

 

 

I was quite surprised at how quick I had learnt my dialogue.  With my GCSE Drama group, we used to have eight weeks to rehearse a show.  On the day of the performance I still had to be prompted from a script!  But I’m confident that WON’T happen this time. Positive thinking equals positive results!

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hopefully you'll be standing up and word perfect ,of course you will! good luck ...love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun although I'm sure I personally couldn't  perform in front of an audience.
You'll do fine, I'm sure. Break a leg. ;O) B.

Anonymous said...

Lovely entry Leigh ~ I am sure there will be a point when you will stand tall on stage ~ you have the confidence and positive thinking  know your words and can sing a good song ~ I loved the video that is one of my favourite songs ~ Good luck for next Friday is it for one show only ? ~ ally

Anonymous said...

I am realy happy that you are so enjoying the rehearsals for the Panto.I am sure you will be fine.The video was brilliant a big fan of Peter kay I am.He is so funny.I hope you can manage to either get us some pics of the Panto and put them in your journal, or maybe a video of the show to put out on U tube would be great.Take care
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astorisand/MYSIMPLERHYMES