Wednesday 13 December 2006

Birthday Surprises & Thank You's (100th Entry)

 

Thank you to all of you guys for all the lovely text messages, e-cards, e-mails and comments I received yesterday wishing me a “Happy 17th Birthday”.  I’m seventeen, so watch the roads, LOL!

The frame you see above is a surprise gift and e-card from Kathy.  What a wonderful surprise to receive in my inbox yesterday afternoon.  Also Morgan wrote an entry wishing me a “Happy Birthday” in many languages.  Thank you to Linda for my birthday e-card!  The J-Land community is a great one.  I have made so many wonderful friends since I joined last April.  Thank you all J

 

 

I had a lovely day.  I walked in the common room to a chorus of “Happy Birthday to You” in the English and Welsh language.  This time I was not embarrassed, I couldn’t stop smiling!  I was given cards and a few gave me presents.  I was not expecting that.

 

 

At lunchtime my friend Ross, who is involved in running the school radio station, sung “Happy Birthday” with the other presenters.  Then my favourite song was played.  I was so chuffed!  Thanks guys, you are all great friends, love you all!

 

 

I opened my cards and gifts from my family and friends when I got home.  I had a Timex Expedition watch, a DVD of “One Flew over the Cuckoo’s Nest” which I am studying for English, a Nike beanie hat, a walkie-talkie, a top, chocolate and money.  I feel thrilled to pieces to have all those things. Thank you to everyone!

 

I walked upstairs, opened my bedroom door to find a Sky Box on top of my T.V.  Sky is a box which allows you to watch a lot more channels.  I am thrilled.  We have had Sky installed downstairs too for a few years, but I never found enough time to sit down to watch T.V.  Thank you Mum & Dad for everything, you’re the best.  Love you J xx

 

 

I shall finish my hundredth journal entry off with a music video of my favourite song.  It’s the first I sang on karaoke, so this song is special to me.

 

The Beautiful South – "Rotterdam (Or Anywhere)”

 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday Leigh, sorry I could not come here earlier but we have had the grandsons all evening and they have only just gone home at 12.30 a.m.!  You had some wonderful gifts and I know your family and friends made it extra special.
http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

so happy to hear you had a wonderful birthday. loved the song. ((((hugs)))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Leigh glad you had such a wonderful day ~ glad you had lots of nice pressies ~ 17 does this mean you will be taking driving lessons ? ~ Love the framed picture ~ how thoughtful of Kathy ~ and I read Morgans entry yesterday it was lovely ~ how lovely of Mum and Dad to install a sky box in your bedroom ~ you deserve them all so much ~ loved the video ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

Well Leigh you do sound as though you had a realy good day.I am so happy about that.Sorry I couldn't do a little more masculine frame,but I have been so busy this week with Christmas coming up etc.SKY tv WOW!! you will be up all night watching that now when you close the pooter down LOL!! Driving too I bet soon.17yrs Old.What a lovely write up Morgan did for you too how lovely and caring of her.Take care.Have a lovely friday and Weekend.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES

Anonymous said...

Well Leigh......

HAPPY HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY. I hope you got everything you wanted. I also want to wish you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Aww, you're welcome dear. I'm so glad you liked all of your birthday surprises. I don't think Sky Box exists here in the States (if it does, I've never heard of it, lol!) but it sounds nifty. I'd said I hope you’re having a wonderful day but I'm talking to ya right now so I'll just stop and move onto all the other entries after this that I may've missed, lol. Love ya Leigh!

Morgan
xxxx

Anonymous said...

Ohh, and WOOO to this being your hundredth entry!

Love Morgan (again... lol!)
xxxxx