Saturday 30 December 2006

The Boys are Back in Town

 

I’m so excited!  On March 21st I am going to see a boy band called Westlife live in concert.

 

 

Mark, Kian, Shane and Nicky hail from Dublin, Ireland and are managed by music mogul, Louis Walsh.  The group has proved immensely popular in Ireland, United Kingdom and the rest of Europe.  The group has had fourteen UK #1 singles between the years 1999 and 2006, the third-highest such total in UK history, behind Elvis Presley and The Beatles, and tied with Cliff Richard.  Westlife are also the only band in UK chart history to have entered straight at number one with their first seven singles.

 

 

Westlife were originally a five-piece band, but Brian McFadden left the group in 2004 to pursue a solo career.  I used to like Westlife in their early days, but then all their songs sounded the same.  Since Brian’s departure, the band has released mostly cover versions.

 

 

 

I bought their latest album “The Love Album” to get in the mood for the tour.  I was really surprised.  Although it’s mostly cover versions I really enjoyed the CD.  It’s rare that I find a CD which I can just put on and listen to the all the way through.

 

 

I don’t usually listen to Westlife but my friend Jennie asked me to accompany her, so I’m going.  Can’t wait, woo hoo!  It was very nice of Jennie to ask me, I'm thrilled!

 

 

 

Westlife – “The Rose”

 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, they're brilliant! And not bad looking either, hehe. I especially like the second one from the right on that first photo... lol

I just know you'll have tons of fun at the concert!

Morgan
xxxx

Anonymous said...

hope you have an awesome time. happy new year. (((((((hugs))))))))
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Hiya!
I'm a member of the group ADC...just thought i would come by your journal and visit...is Westlife the group that sings the song "I wanna grow old with you".?  It's an older song...but if it is them...I LOVE them...that song is awesome!
Have a great time at the concert.....

http://journals.aol.com/chevyz71gurl74/Youthinkyouknowbutyouhavenoidea

Hugs,
Terri

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo..I saw these guys in concert when I was a teenager.
The show was ACE!! It was back in the Brian Mcfadden days too...(god, I feel so old..lol!)

Have a great time when you go, and can you do me a favor and ask Nicky if he'll go out with me?? LMAO!!

Lv Ste
xxx