Wednesday 20 December 2006

Brilliant Brussels [Part Three]

To finish my blog on my visit to Brussels, I would like you to see the rest of my photographs.  It took me a while for me to upload them because the software was being stubborn, but there they are.  I could not resist treating myself to some Belgian chocolates.  I was even tempted to buy some Paco Robanne aftershave too.

 

The crossing back to Dover was rough.  As I was sitting in my wheelchair, the movement was exaggerated.  My brakes were on and I was rocking back and forth and side to side.  I tried to eat something onboard the ferry to line my stomach, in case I was sick.  I felt sick, everyone felt sick but I wasn’t.

 

On the coach home, we had a quiz and a few games of bingo.  I won some more sweets, so we shared them.  The last hour on the bus seemed to crawl by.  I think everyone had that feeling.  I had a great time in Brussels with everyone, but I couldn’t wait to get home to see my family.  I also wish we gone during the Half Term holidays, then we could have spent more time exploring the culture of Belgium.

 

~ Brilliant Brussels [Part One] ~

~ Brilliant Brussels [Part Two] ~

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

It sounds like a great trip ..love Jan xx

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Glad you were not sick.  Maybe you will be able to visit again just to go sightseeing.

http://journals.aol.co.uk/jeanno43/JeannettesJottings/

Anonymous said...

Leigh I am so glad you had a good time loved the photographs ~ you all look very happy ~ hope you enjoyed those chocolates ~ and I am glad you wern't seasick ~ Hope one day you will be able to go back and spend more time having a good look round ~ it is always nice to get back home there is no place like it ~ Ally

Anonymous said...

thanx for sharing your pics with us, so pleased you had a great time...

Astra!
http://journals.aol.co.uk/astra1547/astrasjournal

Anonymous said...

My husbands b-day is the 11th of Dec.

Merry Christmas!

Gab

Anonymous said...

Merry christmas hun to you and your family love zoe xx
http://journals.aol.co.uk/zoepaul6968/DomesticAbuse/

Anonymous said...

Well Leigh the photo's are realy good.Love the one of the White Cliffs Of Dover.I'ts a few yrs since I was around them.OH!! being sea sick is awfull,happy you managed not to be.Glad you had such a good time with all those lovely friends of yours.Take care "MERRY CHRISTMAS " to you too.
Astoriasand http://journals.aol.co.uk/astoriasand/MYSIMPLERHYMES